Athletic Waiver & Release of Responsibility for 2018
NOTE: THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER AGREEMENT MUST BE READ AND SIGNED BEFORE THE PARTICIPANT IS PERMITTED TO TAKE PART IN THE 2018 GREATER MN SPEEDSKATING TRY SPEEDSKATING SESSION AT THE PLYMOUTH ICE CENTER, PLYMOUTH, MN OR ROSEVILLE OVAL, ROSEVILLE, MN OR ANY OTHER VENUE. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, THE PARTICIPANT AFFIRMS HAVING READ IT.
In consideration of my involvement in the sport and activities under the auspices of U.S. Speedskating (USS), I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
1. I risk bodily injury, including paralysis, dismemberment, disability and death, and while particular rules of my sport, equipment, and personal training and discipline may reduce this risk, this risk of injury does exist, as well as the risk to damage to or loss of property;
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others;
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however, I observe any unusual or unnecessary hazard during my presence or participation, I will bring such to the attention of the coach, club officials or the city, and refuse to use the unsafe facility or equipment. I will provide all personal equipment and protective devices and keep such equipment and items in proper condition.
4. I, for myself, and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, hold harmless and promise not to sue U.S. Speedskating, the Greater Minnesota Speedskating Association, Twin Cities Speedskating Club (TCSS), TCSS Officers/Board Members/Coaches/Volunteers, the Plymouth Ice Center, the John Rose Oval, the city of Plymouth, the city of Roseville, the International Olympic Committee, the United States Olympic Committee, the International Skating Union or other sponsoring organizations, their officers, volunteers, staff, sponsors and/or agents (*releasees”) with respect to any and all injury and loss arising from my participation, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
5. I have read this contract and waiver. I agree to have GMSA register with US Speedskating for the daily membership on my behalf and have them pay $1/day on my behalf. I also agree that GMSA, a non-profit organization, has my permission to use my/my child’s image in photos that promote the club.
I have read this release of liability and Waiver Agreement, fully understand its terms and sign it freely and voluntarily. I also acknowledge that I/we cannot participate in this program without a signed release of liability.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (Under Age l8 at the Time of Registration)
This is to certify that I/we as parent(s)/guardian(s) with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree not only to his/her release, but also for myself/ourselves and my/our heirs, assigns and next of kin to release and indemnify the Releasees from any and all liability incident to my/our minor child’s involvement as stated above.